Meet Michelle and Mark Brannen of Benson Bounty in Omaha, Nebraska!
What Benson Bounty offers :
- Transplants both for landscaping and your garden!
- Jams & Jellies
- Cut flowers
- Handcrafted candles & body care products
- Chemical free vegetables & herbs
“Fresh, quality produce from a family-run farm right next door!"
On 1.5 acres of land in Omaha city limits, Michelle and Mark are not only providing healthy vegetables, but also growing the community around them. With a convenient location in north Omaha, Benson Bounty uses sustainable growing practices to cultivate a variety of vegetables and herbs. What's more is all their wonderful value added products though! Shop their online shop for beautiful beeswax candles, aronia berry rhubarb syrup, lip balms, & splendid gift baskets!
Annual vegetable production is extremely labor intensive work. In the past years, Benson Bounty has explored ways to include more perennial plants, especially native plants to help boost food sources for pollinators in Omaha through food and habitat. Over 2,000 square feet is now planted in native Nebraska plants like mondarda, echniacea, and calendula that are then used in value added products made on farm like soaps and candles. Benson Bounty received a NCR-SARE grant to help fund this project. A side benefit of the project? The native plants are available at their plant sales to help more people in Omaha beautify their landscapes while supporting pollinator habitat.
Where to find Benson Bounty:
- Facebook https://www.facebook.com/BensonBounty/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/bensonbounty/
- Weekly Farm Stand on Thursday nights from April through November
- Veggie Box (CSA program): https://www.bensonbounty.com/csa
6915 Evans Street
Omaha, NE 68104