Sweet Potato Sausage Casserole
Author: Katie Jantzen, West End Farm
- 8 oz uncooked pasta
- 8 oz sausage
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, cut in 1/2" cubes
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 T oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup cream or milk
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in skillet with oil, cook sausage, sweet potatoes (can boil briefly first to soften), green pepper, and onion for 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Add garlic and cook 1 more minute.
- Drain. Add tomatoes, cream, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil, then remove from heat.
- Drain pasta and stir into sausage mixture.
- Transfer to a greased 9x13 dish. Sprinkle with cheese.
- . Bake, uncovered, at 350 for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Learn more about West End Farm