Sue's Fermented Sweet Corn Relish
Author: Sue Fase , TLC Country Floral
- 3 cups fresh (raw) corn kernels
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1/4 cup diced green pepper
- 1/4 cup diced sweet red pepper
- 1 tablespoon chia seed
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/3 cup raw honey
- Optional: 1/4 cup whey
- Place all ingredients in a mixing bowl. Stir well to combine
- Divide mixture into two quart-sized jars allowing room for expansion during fermentation.
- Place lid on jars.
- Stir relish twice daily.
- Ferment time: 2 to 3 days.
- Place in refrigerator where relish can be stored for 2 to 3 weeks.
Learn more about TLC Country Floral