Scotch Quail Eggs
Author: Al-Be Farm
- 12 quail eggs
- 3 thick sausages (can also use ground venison or other ground meat, if desired)
- 2 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 1 large free-range chicken egg
- 4 oz (1/2 C) breadcrumbs
- oil , for frying
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF
- Cook the eggs in boiling water for 2 minutes, then plunge into cold water and carefully peel.
- Squeeze the sausage meat into a bowl, discarding the skins, then add the thyme leaves.
- Beat the chicken egg in a shallow bowl, and place the breadcrumbs into another bowl.
- Divide the sausage mixture into 12 pieces, then shape around the quail eggs and carefully roll into a round.
- Roll each round in the beaten egg, then the breadcrumbs until fully coated.
- Very carefully heat 2 inches of oil in a deep pan to 350ºC and very carefully fry the scotch eggs in batches for 1 to 2 minutes, or until golden.
- . Remove with caution and drain on kitchen paper, bake in oven for 5 minutes, then serve.
Learn more about Al-Be Farm