Roasted Watermelon Radish
Author: Buy Fresh Buy Local Nebraska
Sweet & Simple Snack or Side dish
This recipe is kid-approved! With a USDA grant, Buy Fresh Buy Local brought samples of this recipe to schools in Lincoln to get the input of students and more than 80% said they liked it or loved it. After students tried the recipe, they picked up locally grown produce to make it at home!
- 1 lb watermelon radishes (or any type of radish)
- 3 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 tsp salt
- Cut radishes into wedges.
- Mix radishes with 2 tbsp olive oil and put in a 2 quart baking dish
- Roast the radishes in a 375-degree preheated oven, stirring occasionally, until fork tender, about one hour. Place sweet potato chips in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet covered with parchment paper.
- Drizzle the remaining 1 tbsp of oil and sprinkle with sea salt.