Roasted Eggplant Salad with Goat Cheese and Smoke Almonds
Author: GI Acres
Not a cold salad. It is great atroom temperature or straight out of the oven.
- 2 lb Eggplant (2 large)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 4 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 cup parsley, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup smoked almonds, roughly chopped
- 2 oz goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup scallions, finely chopped
- Heat oven to 400F.
- Cut the eggplant into 1-inch cubes and put in a large bowl. Sprinkle lightly with salt and set aside while making the marinade.
- Whisk together the olive oil, cider vinegar, honey, smoked paprika, and cumin. Dab away any extra water that has beaded up on the eggplant and toss with the marinade. Stir in garlic.
- Spread the eggplant on a large baking sheet, lined with parchment and slide onto a rack placed in the center of the oven. Roast at 400F for 40 minutes, or until very tender and slightly browned. Stir every 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool slightly.
- Whisk together the lemon juice and soy sauce. Return the eggplant to the bowl and toss with the lemon juice mixture. Stir in the parsley leaves, smoked almonds, and most of the goat cheese.
- Spread the finished salad in a serving bowl and sprinkle the reserved goat cheese crumbles and scallions on top.
Learn more about GI Acres