Author: The Hoagland Homestead
Growing up a sweet lady at our church brought her garlic dill pickles every potluck and I always looked forward to them.I make them every year, I do small spears and large slices.The large slices are an amazing addition to grilled hamburgers.We make by the half gallons.
- 10-12 small cucumbers, like Miss Picklers, whole or sliced lengthwise or several large cucumbers sliced, we like them thick.
- 2 sprigs of Dill per each quart jar
- clove of garlic, peeled
- 1 cup canning salt
- 3 cups vinegar
- 11 cups water
- Place a head of dill in each quart jar
- Pack with cucumbers
- Place the other head of dill and 1 clove of garlic on top
- Boil the salt, vinegar and water
- Fill jar with boiling liquid
- Put lids and rings on and let cool
- Place in refrigerator, let set two weeks before tasting.They keep well in the refrigerator
Learn more about The Hoagland Homestead