Nebraska Beef Swedish Meatballs
Author: D&D Beef
A surprisingly quick and hearty weeknight meal that will be a crowd pleaser. Serve over rice, noodles, or mashed potatoes. You will be making this recipe over and over again!
- 1 pound D&D Beef Ground Beef
- 1/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 cup onion finely chopped (or onion powder to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 cup heavy cream (or milk)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestshire sauce
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- Combine ground beef, panko bread crumbs, parsley, allspice, nutmeg, onion, garlic powder, pepper, salt, and egg. Mix until combined.
- Roll mixture into approximately 12 large meatballs or 20 small meatballs. In a large skillet, heat olive oil and 1 tablespoon of butter. Add the meatballs and cook turning continuously until brown on each side and cooked. Transfer to plate when cooked.
- Add remaining butter and flour to skillet and whisk until it turns brown. Slowly stir in beef broth and heavy cream. Add worcestershire sauce and dijon mustard to pan, bring to a simmer until sauce starts to thicken. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Add meatballs backs to the skillet and simmer for 1-2 minutes. Serve over noodles, rice, or mashed potatoes.
Learn more about D&D Beef