Whether you are a beginning or experienced farmer, join our network to grow your connections with customers and with other food producers across the state.
Join by January 31st to be included in our 2022 Nebraska Food Guide!
Deadline to renew has been extended to February 7 - join us!
|Membership Type||Cost of Full|
|Farmer/Rancher||$50||Operators who grow or raise food or other agricultural products (fiber, nursery plants, Christmas trees, etc.) for sale to the public including Family Farms, Orchards, Apiaries, CSAs, Farm Stands, U-Pick.||Farming practices listed in your profile must be truthful and transparent. We welcome all farmers & ranchers located in Nebraska or a bordering county selling locally-grown products in the state. If the farm also retails non-locally produced items, those items must be properly labeled.|
We have two membership levels so you can choose what works best for your business: our full membership and our online only membership.
Option 1: Full Membership (print & online listing) includes...
$25 - $150 depending on membership type
Deadline to join is January 31st
* indicates only available for this membership level
*Listing in the printed Nebraska Food Guide
*Laminated BFBLN certificate
*Point of Purchase cards for market stand or farm store
*Featured Member article online + featured member social media promotion
Discount on advertisements for printed food guide
Use of BFBLN logos & branding
Listing in BFBLN online food guide
Listing in BFBLN Local Food Map
Promotion in statewide marketing campaigns
Inclusion in our members only listserv
Inclusion in BFBLN local food events
Option 2: Online Only Membership includes...
$25 for all membership types
Offered Dec - May each year
- Use of BFBLN logos & branding
- Listing in BFBLN online food guide
- Listing in BFBLN Local Food Map
- Promotion in statewide marketing campaigns
- Inclusion in our members only listserv
- Inclusion in BFBLN local food events
- Brand recognition - For 15 years, BFBLN has been a trusted resource for customers to know they are supporting local! You will receive BFBLN branding materials for display at your business including 10 complimentary point of purchase cards (POP Cards) for your farmers' market booth!
- Exposure in the Nebraska Food Guide - Promotion on our website, social/traditional media, Featured Member of the Week, events, and in our beautiful, professionally-designed local food directory with over 8,000 copies distributed across the state! Check out our current food guide.
- Connection to Consumers & Community - Be part of a statewide network that is striving to make local foods a vital component of every community and take part in BFBLN-hosted events.
- Participate in BFBLN Events like the Local Food Showcases in Lincoln and Hastings (stay-tuned...will be adding more locations!), farm tours, & more!
- Technical Support - Let us & fellow members know about your challenges, successes, and needs! We can support access to marketing, business management, pricing, new regulations training and technical assistance as requested.
BFBLN gave us a practical and affordable avenue to get the word out about our Graze Master Meat program. The credibility of BFBLN assures our potential customers that we are legit in how we raise our animals and our commitment to building communities. Del FickeFicke Cattle Company