Author: The Hoagland Homestead
Cabbage is one of our favorites from the garden, coleslaw, homemade runzas, sauerkraut, and this recipe is a fun way to use it up, along with garden fresh tomatoes, peppers, onions, garlic and cilantro.
- 4 cups chopped or shredded cabbage
- Several sprigs of cilantro or to taste, diced
- 2 cups diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1/4 cup finely diced jalapeno pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 2 cloves diced or mince garlic
- 1 tsp. salt or more to taste
- Pinch ground cayenne pepper
Directions:In a medium bowl combine diced tomatoes, cilantro, onion, jalapeno, and garlic.Add lemon juice (or lime), salt, and cayenne.Stir in chopped or shredded cabbage and serve.
Learn more about The Hoagland Homestead