Baked Sweet Potato Fries
Author: Skylar Falter, BFBLN Program Coordinator
Yield: Serves 4 - 6
- 2 large sweet potatoes, skin on, cut into sticks
- Cooking Oil - sunflower oil, grapeseed oil, olive oil, safflower oil, or ghee
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Black pepper
- Other spices: paprika or smoked paprika, chili powder, fresh or dried thyme or rosemary
- Kale or parsley to garnish
- Preheat your oven to 400°F.
- Cut the sweet potatoes into sticks (keep the skins on!) ¼ to ½ inch wide and 2 to 3 inches long.
- In a large bowl, toss the sweet potatoes with just enough cooking oil to coat all sides.
- Toss with salt, pepper, and any other spices you want to add.
- Spread sweet potatoes in a thin layer onto rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes, flip potatoes and bake for another 15 minutes or until tender and crisp in some areas.
- If you have fresh kale or parsley, finely chop and add on top of the baked fries as a garnish.
Garlic Lover? Add minced garlic during the last 10 minutes while the sweet potatoes bake!
Alternative recipe idea: Cut the sweet potatoes into ½ inch cubes and bake the same way. Serve the sweet potatoes over a bowl of beans and rice or add to your morning eggs.