Author: Buy Fresh Buy Local Nebraska
Simple & easy snack
This recipe is kid-approved!
With a USDA grant, Buy Fresh Buy Local brought samples of this recipe to schools in Lincoln to get the input of students and more than 80% said they liked it or loved it. After students tried the recipe, they picked up locally grown produce to make it at home!
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Additional spices (optional): chili powder, dried rosemary, black pepper
- Clean sweet potatoes & cut them into very thin slices. If you have a mandolin, you can use that to cut thin slices, otherwise a knife will work.
- Toss sweet potatoes in olive oil and sea salt in a bowl.
- Place sweet potato chips in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet covered with parchment paper.
- Bake in 400-degree oven for 10 minutes, then flip the chips over and bake for another 10 minutes. Watch carefully to make sure potatoes don’t burn. Depending on your oven, you may need to cut baking time short or add a few more minutes to desired crisp