Author: Sue Fase, TLC Country Floral
We prefer a mild salsa in our house and use a jalapeno-type pepper called 'Fooled You'. If you prefer a hotter variety of pepper you may have to adjust the amount of peppers called for in this recipe. This comes together very quickly if you use a food processor to chop the ingredients. We use a mix of heirloom tomatoes for a colorful salsa.
- 7 cups chopped tomatoes
- 3/4 cup diced onion
- 3/4 cup diced peppers
- 1 tablespoon finely ground pink Himalayan sea salt
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon dried cilantro
- Optional: 1/2 cup whey
- Gently combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Allow to macerate for 5 minutes to combine flavors.
- Place salsa in jars until two-thirds full leaving roomfor expansion. Place lid on jars
- Allow salsa to ferment for 2 to 3 days stirring once or twice daily.
- Place jars in refrigerator where they can be stored for weeks.
Learn more about TLC Country Floral