Meet Chloe Diegel and Alex McKiernan!
“Our passion is to provide the most nutritious food we can to our community."
Co-owners Chloe & Alex, along with an awesome farm crew, grow over 80 varieties of vegetables at Robinette Farms. In addition to vegetables, we have a flock of pastured laying hens, custom graze cattle and have a small apiary.
Robinette Farms specializes in growing microgreens. Microgreens are very young, tender plants, harvested when the plant is only 1-3 inches tall after the first true leaves of the plant emerges (depending on the plant, can be anywhere from 7-21 days). Many edible plants make excellent microgreens like broccoli, dill, basil, arugula, beets, mustards, and many others! The flavor tends to be similar to the mature plant, but tend to be a bit more subtle. Microgreens back a nutritional punch and are a great flavor addition to salads and a variety of main dishes. Learn more about microgreens and the difference between sprouts, microgreens, and baby greens from the North Carolina Cooperative Extension.
Robinette Farms Offers:
- Diversified vegetables
- Certified organic microgreens and sunflower/pea shoots
- Plant starts for your garden
- Chicken eggs
Since 2010, Robinette has been offering a CSA program to the Lincoln area. Our CSA takes customer preferences into account and allows for some weekly customization of the shares members receive. Robinette is passionate about food and passionate about building community and would not be where we are today without the support of their CSA Members.
Where you can find Robinette Farms:
- Year-Round Community Supported Agriculture Program - fully customizable with add-ons like eggs, bread, locally-roasted coffee, and cheese!
- Sunday Farmers' Market at College View in Lincoln Sundays 10am - 2pm
- Omaha Farmers' Market Old Market Saturdays 8-12:30 pm
- Wholesale to restaurants, grocery stores, and individuals through BFBLN member Lone Tree Foods