Meet No More Empty Pots from Omaha, Nebraska!
"We amplify the abundance with local foods, training, jobs, entrepreneurship."
No More Empty Pots is a dynamic non-profit that strives to improve self-sufficiency, regional food security and economic resilience through advocacy and action. NMEP fulfills their mission and vision by collaborating with organizations, farms, individuals and entrepreneurs to bring life to community programs like the Culinary Certificate Program, Community Harvest Program, and the Entrepreneur Journey.
Kitchen Rental & Culinary Certificate
For food entrepreneurs finding a commercial kitchen to prepare their goods is often a barrier. Commercial kitchens are regulated and often need to include aspects that home kitchens do not have. Equipment is also a barrier – stand mixers, ovens, refrigeration and space all have high price tags. NMEP saw the need for collaborative commercial kitchen space and have created a commercial kitchen rental program at the NMEP Food Hub. Food entrepreneurs apply, tour the kitchen, complete paperwork and orientation, and are then eligible to use the NMEP commercial kitchen.
Take a tour of the NMEP kitchen here!
"Education, Stewardship, Sustainability"
The Culinary Certificate program is another way NMEP is getting people the skills and confidence in the food industry. This 8-week program provides hands-on skills based on-the-job culinary training for individuals currently working in the industry that want to sharpen and grow skills.
- Take advantage of blended online and face-to-face instruction designed to be adaptable for working students. Class work is designed to be completed within 15 to 20 hours a week.
- Students will work in commercial kitchens with the NMEP culinary staff to practice hands-on scratch cooking for individual and group client projects, events and programs. Programs address food security, volume production, and catering
No More Empty Pots Offers:
- Culinary Certificate Program
- Food Distribution
Where you can find No More Empty Pots:
- No More Empty Pots Food Hub in the Florence Neighborhood of Omaha, NE
8501 North 30th Street, Omaha, NE 68112
402-933-3588 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: https://nmepomaha.org/