Meet Tim Lambert of Lambert Melons!
"I have a passion for raising local food because it has been part of what my family has done for over 100 years."
Lambert Melons, located in Ewing (Holt County), is known for their spring asparagus and strawberries, summer melons and autumn pumpkins. Tim and Ben Lambert manage the farm that has been in business since 1965. Tim has had a passion for growing food since he was a boy, "raising local food has been part of what my family has done for over 100 years." Often seen hauling a truck and trailer full of melons or pumpkins, Tim sells his products directly to customers around his hometown and neighboring states.
Lambert Melons offers:
- Fresh fruit and vegetables - known for their asparagus, strawberries, melons, and pumpkins!
- Pumpkin Patch to find that perfect pumpkin
Lambert Melons has Pumpkin Patch in the fall where you can come pick your own!
Lambert Melons also hosts school farm tours, sets up a haunted house for Halloween, and runs hayrack rides around their pumpkin patch.
What is U-Pick?
Lambert Melons is a U-Pick operation, which means you can come out to the farm and harvest your own produce right from the source. U-Pick operations (also known as You-Pick or Pick-Your-Own) are a great way to spend time with your family and friends. See how your food grows and have fun picking it too! Lambert Melons is only open seasonally for U-Pick. Check out their Facebook page for more information.
Where you can find Lambert Melons:
- Daily at their farm store in O'Neill
- Every Thursday at the Valentine Farmers' Market
- Farmers' market in Sheridan, WY
- On-farm fall hayrides and U-Pick pumpkins!
- Stay in touch by visiting their Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/LambertMelons/
- 402-304-3646 or firstname.lastname@example.org