We are Nebraska's trusted guide to local food.
For 15 years, we have been the go-to resource for Nebraskans wanting to connect with farmers, farm-to-table restaurants, and food artisans. We expand the customer base for our members through our Nebraska Food Guide, website, social media marketing campaigns, and events. We promote our members and Nebraska-grown as a whole, but we also educate. By raising awareness of the importance of locally-grown foods, we support each other as we work together puting wholesome foods on Nebraskan tables.
Are you a Nebraskan with a passion for local food? Learn how you can become a FRIEND of Buy Fresh Buy Local and support Nebraska family farms!
You be the farmer, the chef, the artisan. We do the marketing.
We know that time is a precious resource. You have a craft, a skill, a passion. We want you to keep growing that amazing arugula, making raspberry jam, and baking artisan bread. Here at Buy Fresh Buy Local Nebraska, we focus on marketing and promotion so you can keep doing more of what you love.
Each year, with 30,000 visitors to our website, 8,000 copies of our food guide distributed, and 400,000+ impressions on Facebook - we increase awareness & demand of Nebraska-grown products. Our print & online resources are the most comprehensive local food resources in the state.
Get Listed and Advertise in our yearly Local Food Guide - with new online features (Issuu reader)!
The Buy Fresh Buy Local Nebraska annual Nebraska Food Guide is beloved by audiences across the state and is the best way to put your local food business on the map! The print directory includes:
- Professionally-designed content to showcase the unique and diverse local foods of our state and encourage shoppers to buy local
- Statewide map of local food businesses, seasonal recipes, farm-to-fork stories, and resources for living & eating locally
- Minimum of 8,000 Nebraska Food Guide's are printed annually
- Displayed on our website using a digital publication reader with clickable links - New for 2021!
- Distributed to a target audience of local food shoppers through our network of visitor bureau's, hospitals, farmers markets, retailers, & local food businesses
Becoming a member of Buy Fresh Buy Local Nebraska not only gets you great visibility, but supports our on-going efforts to promote local foods statewide.
Check out our work:
- Our signature publications: Nebraska Food Guide & Mini Food Guides
- Our searchable & easy to use Online Food Guide
- Special Promotion: Holiday Gift Guide
- Increase visibility of your business and advertise with us!
Membership for 2022 is now open!
Participate in member-only events
In a normal year, we spend a lot of time facilitating in-person events across the state like on-farm tours, food tastings, local food showcases, and farmer-to-farmer networking opportunities. We love to collaborate with our members!
BFBLN gave us the opportunity to connect with a large group of people who were interested in the products we offer. They organized our farm tour which allowed our customers and community to see the quality and care we put into our products. Ash Gordon Nebraska Mushroom, LLC