REGISTER online: Farmer/Rancher Register Here*
Membership Fee for Family Farmer/Rancher: $50
*Those who register for BFBL membership after January 31st 2019 will be listed in our online food directory only.
*Registration begins in December 2019 to be included in the printed 2020 Food Guide.
- Brand recognition - For over 10 years, the BFBLN has been a trusted resource for customers to know they are supporting local! You will receive BFBLN branding materials for display at your business. *New Members* receive 10 complimentary point of purchase cards (POP Cards)!
- Exposure - Promotion on our website, social/traditional media, Featured Member of the Week, events, and in our beautiful, professionally-designed local food directory with over 8,000 copies distributed across the state! Check out our current food guide.
- Community - Be part of a NETWORK that is striving to make local foods a vital component of every community.
- Technical Support - Let us & fellow members know about your challenges, successes, and needs! We can support access to marketing, business management, pricing, new regulations training and technical assistance as requested.
- The BFBL community is working to build a Nebraska food brand, together. Learn more in our Membership Brochure.
- Grow or raise foods or other agricultural products (ornamental plants, bedding plants or Christmas trees) in Nebraska primarily for consumption in the state OR grown/raised foods in a bordering state with majority of sales in Nebraska (these will be considered on a case-by case basis).
- BFBLN products must be traceable to a specific Nebraska farm or ranch.
- BFBLN materials should be used only for locally-raised products. BFBLN members that also retail non-locally produced items are asked to take care that such products are properly labeled to distinguish them from local food.
BFBLN gave us a practical and affordable avenue to get the word out about our Graze Master Meat program. The credibility of BFBLN assures our potential customers that we are legit in how we raise our animals and our commitment to building communities. Del FickeFicke Cattle Company
Products Available for Listing
Apples, Apricots, Asian Pears, Asparagus, Beans, Beets, Blackberries, Broccoli, Brussels Sprout, Cabbage, Carrots, Cauliflower, Cherries, Cucumbers, Eggplant, Elderberries, Garlic, Grapes, Greens, Herbs, Kale, Kohlrabi, Leeks, Lettuce, Melons, Mulberries, Mushrooms, Nectarines, Okra, Onions, Parsnips, Paw Paws, Peaches, Pears, Peas, Peppers, Persimmons, Plums, Potatoes, Pumpkin, Radishes, Raspberries, Rhubarb, Rutabaga, Shallots, Spinach, Squash(s), Squash (w), Strawberries, Sweet Corn, Sweet Potatoes, Tomatoes, Turnips
Beef, Buffalo, Goat, Lamb, Pork, Rabbit, Catfish, Tilapia, Trout, Chicken, Duck, Emu, Goose, Ostrich, Turkey
Cow, Goat, Sheep, Butter, Cheese, Ice Cream, Kefir
ON FARM VALUE ADDED PRODUCTS
Cider, Cut Flowers, Christmas Trees, Dried Beans, Dehydrated Veg/Fruit/Herbs, Eggs, Floral, Fiber Products, Grains, Honey, Jams, Jellies, Nuts, Syrups Soap, Transplants, Trees/Shrubs, & More!
PRODUCTS SOLD THROUGH:
CSA (our own), Direct on Farm, Distilleries, Farmers Market, Farm Website, Grocery Store, Institutions, Meat Locker, On Farm Store, Pick Your Own, On-Line Farmers' Market, Restaurant, Roadside Stand, Schools, Wineries
ATTRIBUTES OF PRODUCTS:
Antibiotic Free, Biodynamic, Certified Natural, Certified Organic, Conventional, Confinement, Free Range, Grass Fed, Heritage, Heirloom, Hormone Free, Hydroponic, IPM, rBST Free, Sustainable, Transitional Organic