Meet City Sprouts!
Sustaining Community through Gardening in Omaha Nebraska since 1995!
Buy Fresh Buy Local is so excited to have City Sprouts as a new member in 2019! Visiting their gardens, urban farm and the people that make it all work, leaves a person with the feeling that food security, joy and connection are within our grasp!
City Sprouts is a small, neighborhood based non-profit organization seeking to empower community members to grow, preserve and cook their own food. In addition to running several community gardens and a workshop series, City Sprouts runs the small Decatur Urban Farm where staff and summer interns produce sustainabley grown fruits and vegetables from March to December.
City Sprouts offers:
- Community Garden & Urban Farm plots in Omaha
- Garden, food and nature-based workshops for all !
- Urban Farm Internships
- Farmstand & CSA Program
Strengthening Our Community Through Gardening & Foods
City Sprouts is a community anchor in Omaha – it creates and encourages beautiful spaces that bring people together to produce abundant, healthy, and vibrant food. We can feel the love radiating from staff, volunteers, interns and gardeners at City Sprouts.
Workshop series and programming gives people the opportunity to learn practical, useful and fun skills related to gardening, food preparation, and ecological living. Thousands of pounds of healthy, local produce is grown by staff, urban farm interns, and gardeners.
Young folks are employed as interns, where they learn the ins and outs of growing food, culinary and nutrition education, all the while engaging with their communities and getting paid.
City Sprouts partners with many organizations, companies, individuals and volunteers to meet their goal of getting more people growing and eating well in Omaha.
Where you can find them!
- Saturday Morning 10-12 Farm Stand at Education Center (40th & Seward)
- City Sprouts North Campus & HQ (40th & Seward)
- Decatur Urban Farm (40th & Decatur)
- City Sprouts South Campus (20th & N)
- August 18th Grow With Us Gala Afternoon of Culinary Adventure, featuring local gourmet chefs preparing signature dishes using City Sprouts fresh produce for a unique dining experience! Funds raised at this event support our 2019 Summer Urban Farming Internship.
- Throughout the year Growing Gardeners Workshop Series The Growing Gardeners Workshop Series is a collaboration between City Sprouts and The Big Garden in Omaha, Nebraska. This series seeks to host four seasons of hands-on workshops that feature skills and techniques for every gardener and urban farmer. All workshops are free or low-cost, all-ages, and no one will be turned away for inability to pay.
- Saturdays June – August Little Sprouts Youth Program
City Sprouts Summer youth program for kids between 3 and 7 years old exposes them to the magic of nature, organic food growing and healthy lifestyles.