Author: Common Good Farm, Common Good Farm
About my favorite cake recipe… wouldn’t be summer without this! Great as is or we have made as a layered cake with a chocolate buttercream…so good! Sometimes I reduce the sugar a bit & we consider them muffins.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup buttermilk or sour milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cup flour
- 4 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cup grated zucchini
- Combine butter, oil & sugar. Add eggs, vanilla & sour milk.
- Combine salt, flour, cocoa, baking powder & baking soda & add into wet ingredients…beat.
- Stir in grated zucchini. Spoon into greased & floured 9 x 13 pan. Sprinkle chocolate chips on top; can also top with chopped walnuts, but I skip that.
- Bake at 350F for 40 – 45 min
Learn more about Common Good Farm