Support farmers & connect with more customers by joining our network!
Join by February 1st, 2023 to be included in our 2023 Nebraska Food Guide.
Membership Criteria & Eligibility
Buy Fresh Buy Local Nebraska seeks to increase consumer confidence in local food promotions as well as increase awareness of the importance of Nebraska-grown foods & goods. To be a trusted brand and transparent source of local food information, we have the following membership requirements of participating producers and businesses.
|Membership Type||Cost of Full|
|Restaurants & Caterers (Business Membership)||$50||Restaurants, caterers, and personal chefs that commit to providing their customers with locally-grown foods.||Must regularly purchase from and promote at least one local farm. Must be working to increase use of local food ingredients.|
|Artisan Food Producers (Business Membership)||$50||Businesses that use locally-grown ingredients to create new products like jams, jellies, breads, and baked/prepared goods, cured meats, fermented vegetables, etc.||A primary ingredient in the product (i.e. apples in applesauce or oats in oatmeal cookies) must be a locally-grown product. Must regularly purchase from and promote at least one local farm.|
|Grocers & Retailers (Business Membership)||$50||Grocery stores, co-ops, butcher shops, markets, garden supply centers and stores that commit to buying and stocking their shelves with locally-grown products.||Must regularly purchase from and promote at least three local farms.|
|Specialty Beverage Producers (Business Membership)||$50||Businesses that use locally-grown ingredients like grapes, hops, or apples for wine, beer, cider, kombucha, or spirits.||Must raise your own grapes, hops, grain or fruit or regularly purchase from and promote at least one local farm.|
We have two membership levels so you can choose what works best for your business:
Option 1: Full Membership (print & online listing) includes...
* indicates only available for this membership level
*Listing in the printed Nebraska Food Guide
*Laminated BFBLN certificate
*Point of Purchase cards for market stand or farm store
*Featured Member article online + featured member social media promotion
Discount on advertisements for printed food guide
Use of BFBLN logos & branding
Listing in BFBLN online food guide
Listing in BFBLN Local Food Map
Promotion in statewide marketing campaigns
Inclusion in our members only listserv
Inclusion in BFBLN local food events
Option 2: Online Only Membership includes...
- Use of BFBLN logos & branding
- Listing in BFBLN online food guide
- Listing in BFBLN Local Food Map
- Promotion in statewide marketing campaigns
- Inclusion in our members only listserv
- Inclusion in BFBLN local food events
Annual member dues help us print our annual food guide, host local food events, and expand programming. We want our membership to feel engaged to help drive the organization, create change in our local food system, and tell others what membership means to them.
- Brand Recognition - For over 16 years, BFBLN has been a trusted resource for customers to know that are buying from a business that supports local. You will receive BFBLN branding materials for display at your business.
- Promotion in the Nebraska Food Guide - Your business will be listed in a beautiful, professionally-designed local food directory, identifying your business as a one that supports and purchases products from Nebraska diversified family farmers and ranchers, and/or sells locally-produced food. 5,000 copies+ of the food guide are distributed each year! Check out our most current food guide.
- Connection to Consumers - Get your business put on the local food map! Let consumers know that you source and support local foods in your community. Your business name and location will be identified on a map both in the Food Guide and on our website to help people find your business! We also promote our members through BFBLN website, newsletters, "Featured Member of the Week", social media and traditional media.
- Event Opportunities - Take part in BFBL-hosted events that keep you connected with Nebraska’s diversified farmers and ranchers, consumers searching for locally-grown food, and fellow BFBLN members.